What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. ‘Tasting of Chocolate and strawberry’ was my choice of dessert at The Royal Oak, East Lavant. West Sussex. This consisted of two wonderfully gooey chocolate brownie cubes, rather nice thick strawberry mousse with a couple of dollops of strawberry gel, fresh sliced strawberries, a sprinkling of chocolate soil and finished off with a dark chocolate tuile.
2. Famous Po lo bao also known as pineapple bun (and Bo lo bao) and milk tea from Kam Wah Cafe, Kowloon, Hong Kong where Helen is currently eating her way around and loving it.
3. I had this nice square of lemon drizzle cake at the RSPB Pulbourough Brooks cafe, West Sussex which was on one of this week’s long cycle rides. Sitting outside in the glorious sunshine looking across the Downs with dicky birds all around. Very nice.
4. A mini Victoria sponge cake from The Coffee Room, High Street in Selborne, Hampshire. This was on another lovely long bike ride at the weekend and a rather hilly ride home through the ‘Hangers’.
5. Helen enjoyed this gluten-free blackberry, ricotta and polenta cake from Mrs S Cafe, Perth, Australia. Sounds and looks pretty good to me, with real flowers on top! Look out for the full review coming soon.
Living life, loving cake