What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from top left:
1. I had cycled over to one of my favourite tearooms,Tazzina Cafe in West Meon for a slice of lemon polenta cake but just had to have one of these soft and gooey pecan brownies to take away with me and enjoy whilst having a hot bath and reading the last few pages of Cav’s auto-biography. Read our review of Tazzina from a year ago. Still great with superb coffee too. Thanks Suzi!
2. Whoever heard of an ice-cream sandwich? It had to be done sometime I suppose. Helen had this in Bangkok. Not quite sure how it works. Keep up to date with Helen’s weekly back-packing adventures around Asia.
3. Another favourite cycling coffee stop. Compton village shop and tearooms in the West Sussex countryside, perfect area for walking too. This is was one of their delicious flap jacks but they also have many home-made cakes such as Victoria sponge, coffee & walnut etc., Tasty soup with local bread too.
4. Dropped into town to collect a parcel and went past the new Garage Lounge Bakery in Charlotte Street, Portsmouth – nowhere near the Post Office but just ‘happened’ to be walking by – and went to see what was on offer. Just a take-away unfortunately but lots of cakes on offer and this white chocolate millionaire shortbread was very nice indeed.
5. Lemon drizzle cake from those friendly faces at Gracie-Ann’s tearoom at Port Solent. Again lots of incredibly looking (and tasting) home-made cakes, mostly made by Beceries and the lovely scones I believe by the in-house chef. Great views overlooking the marina.
Hmm, I think far too many cakes have been consumed by me this week…….
Living life, loving cake!