1. Helen misses the cake stall at the night market on Gili Trawangan, Indonesia. The banana muffins were divine!
2. Smooth and delicious peanut butter fudge from Southsea Coffee Co in err… Southsea of course! It’s nice to have something sweet after a tasty lunch. I also enjoyed a cold brew coffee, super on a hot day and toasted sour dough with mashed avocado & lime, feta cheese, rocket and fresh-from-the-chilli-plant-in-the-window, fiery chilli peppers!
3. Victoria sponge cake made by Suzie from Tazzina Cafe, West Meon. Sadly Suzie and Tazzina Cafe are finishing at the end of July. Sad times for us. We wish her all the very best for the future.
4. We had a lovely curry at the Spice Merchants in Southsea which is always excellent. Normally too full after a curry I forced myself to have some ice-cream as it was from Mõvenpick. My husband Geoff really didn’t want any but I begged
forced him to have at least one scoop, so he chose Vanilla Dream. I chose Panna Cotta which was like raspberry ripple and Swiss Chocolate which was loaded with dark chocolate pieces. Geoff ended up digging into mine too! Lovely and creamy ice-cream.
5. Helen says – “this gorgeous iced cinnamon chocolate latte from the Garden Cafe at 7 Seas Dive Gili, Gili Air, Indonesia, just went down a treat! “
Living life, loving cake