1. Deserts on a dessert island. Is that right? 😉 They sure do look delicious. Helen shared these with friends at Mahamaya Resort, Gili Meno, Indonesia. Sticky toffee pudding, chocolate brownie, lemon cake and apple cake.
2. It’s amazing that Helen has been able to get her hands on a Magnum Black Espresso ice-cream in the Gili Islands, whilst I’ve not had any joy in finding them here in the UK.
3. White Chocolate cake with strawberries. This was my reward for getting up early on a Sunday morning for a cycle ride with a nice bunch of chaps. We stopped off at The Woodmancote Pub in Woodmancote, a small rural village in West Sussex. This cake plus a cappuccino was only £3 and it was a massive wedge. I couldn’t quite manage it all – hard to believe for those who know me, but it’s true 😛 – so I had to squeeze what was left into my little seat bag. Needless to say it didn’t quite look the same after that, but was still as tasty.
4. My favourite dessert from Las Iguanas, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth. Affogato Cubano. Dulce de leche ice-cream with a shot of spicey rum espresso poured over it and served with a sugared churro. Yum. Great meal as per usual.
5. Woohoo, a new place to go to! Springs Cafe has sprung up behind the West Meon Village Shop in Hampshire. This place is on our ‘training ride’, sometimes 11’s, sometimes lunch. Whichever it might be we’re sure to receive a friendly welcome from the owners. This was an unusual sounding flavour for a cake, but it tasted great, Zucchini & lime. Look out for a blog post on this cafe in the next fortnight. (The cafe used to be Tazzina’s which closed only last week).
Living life, loving cake.