What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week, at home and abroad. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. It was Beaujolais Nouveau day yesterday and we celebrated at Boulangerie Victor Hugo in Southampton where we’d been invited for the evening. Thank you BVH, we had a lovely evening.
2. Doughnuts for breakfast? Yum! Helen had one of these cute and tasty looking treats whilst in Japan.
3. Monday’s post was on Like a Tea Tray in the Sky in Osborne Road, Southsea. We’ve only been twice but loved it both times. Homemade cakes and very friendly service makes this place a must.
4. Oh dear, £6.50 for this piddly little dessert which really wasn’t worth it. The brownie was approx 4.5 cm2. Nor was the price for our main meals with half cooked potatoes. This was at The Partridge Inn, Singleton, West Sussex. Next week I hope to publish our blog post on Park House Hotel in Bepton, not that really was worth the money.
5. Chestnut croissant-type bun from the bakery at Imabari Bus Station. Can’t beat Japanese baked goods! Accompanied by a not-so-good 7/11 coffee
Living life, loving cake