1. In Helen’s own words – “An exceptionally GOOD cupcake found in Asia! Well done K Patisserie in Tacloban, Philippines“. I’m guessing they are hard to find out there. Funnily enough, I’m pretty sure Helen is pictured on their Facebook page with a group of friends, presumably after scoffing her cupcake as it’s nowhere to be seen…
2. One of Charbonnel et Walker’s delicious new truffle flavours which I reviewed on Monday. These are their dark chocolate sea salt caramel truffles. The others (not shown but are in my review) were raspberry Marc de Champagne truffles.
3. The largest tea cake I have ever seen! Toasted and served with a small jar of Bonne Maman’s jam and butter. This from newly opened Coffee#1 in Palmerston Road, Southsea. Nicely decorated but very much like a Costa/Starbucks. I much prefer independent coffee shops like Southsea Coffee Co – yippee, I shall be visiting there today 🙂
4. Tasting fantastic as ever are Suzies cakes from Tazzina Cafe in West Meon. This is a slice of raspberry & almond cake and in the background you can just about see a pecan brownie which are my favourites. And how very wise of me, the place is on my training route 😉
5. Look at this lovely looking cake. Alas, I had to leave some (only one bite, mind)! Chocolate fudge cake from The Tenth Hole, Eastney, Portsmouth. I enjoyed a very nice lunch there only last week. Our review will be posted on Monday 30th June so look out for it.
That’s all folks!
Living life, loving cake