What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week, in the UK and Australia. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. This dainty but delicious raw raspberry, white chocolate & grapefruit cake from Pana Chocolate at Like Minded Projects is the perfect treat. And the chai almond milk from Ace Cookies is pretty special too! They, along with Coffee Supreme and Fred Gets can be found at Smith Street, Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia.
2. Fruit toast is always tasty at any time of the day and can be found on the other side of the world. I like mine from Southsea Coffee Co with their raw NOTella, Helen likes hers with honey butter and caramel mascarpone from Proud Mary on Wellington Street, around the corner from their new venture, Aunty Peg’s who specialize in black coffees.
3. Waitrose had a very good offer on for Valentine’s Day recently. £20 for a main dish, a side, a dessert, a bottle of wine and this box containing six Belgian chocolates. They were very nice actually and I was pleasantly surprised. They all tasted lovely and the chocolate melted wonderfully.
4. This home-made traditional spiced rum infused croissant pudding is a secret recipe from Hotel Spencer Bar & Dining Room in Spencer Street, West Melbourne. And it tastes as good as it looks too.
5. This enormous slice of carrot cake was from Lou Lou’s Brasserie in Marmion Road, Southsea, UK. Geoff and I visited it for Sunday brunch last weekend. We hadn’t been for over two years so decided to return to see what it was like. We enjoyed our breakfast and this cake so we shall probably return very soon.
Living life, loving cake,