1. Refreshing strawberry ice-cream shake from Sister Srey, Siem Reap, Cambodia. Giving much needed energy to Helen before she cycled off to see the sunset over Angkor Wat. Read about Helen’s adventures back-packing around Asia.
2. This is from one of my favourite places at the moment, Southsea Coffee Co. which I shall be visiting again tomorrow lunch time – can’t wait – beetroot and seeded cake. It was quite filling actually but very fresh and tasty. I also took home with me a salted caramel brownie which was delicious too. They do a great chai latte! Read our recent review.
3. A great place for home-made cakes, sandwiches, soups and quiches, Manna Tearooms in Old Portsmouth opposite the Cathedral. We visit 2-3 times a month. This was a lovely bakewell tart served with cream. My other favourite cakes from here are lemon chiffon, banana & pineapple and carrot cake, but they’re all good actually and I find it difficult to make a decision sometimes.
4. A rather bland street-food sponge with a jam centre. Crawling with ants, but hey, Helen’s a backpacker and needs to save money and as The Dry Goods Store in London said on Twitter, “if Selfridges sell edible ants then it must be safe!”
5. On Monday I reviewed Cloud Nine Marshmallows. Fluffy and squidgy champagne & strawberry and salted caramel peanut. Read our review. You can order them online and they make an excellent gift for any occasion. Mother’s Day and Easter’s coming up so why not try something different than chocolates or flowers?
Living life, loving cake