What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. I took Helen along to Attibassi in Chichester this week. We stayed a while and did some blogging whilst enjoying a pastry, a caffe Nutella – which was very nice, I could certainly taste the Nutella – an Americano, an espresso and a panini.
2. Wow look at this! This is almond sponge, sour cherries, fennel, cherry sorbet dessert from last weekend at The Thomas Lord pub in West Meon, Hampshire, just across the road from the Village Shop and of course, the delightful Springs Cafe. This is almond sponge, sour cherries, fennel, cherry sorbet. The review of our meal should be on the 6th October. Why not sign up to our emails so you don’t miss a post.
3. An excellent chocolate brownie from Salt Cafe, Wicor Marine in Portchester who I mentioned in last week’s Sweet treats where I had a very nice slice of pecan pie. This was the most delicious brownie ever which was supplied from The Hungry Guest Bakery in Chichester. The Salt Cafe’s review is on Monday.
4. Helen went off to London today to visit some pals. She decided to get a super early train so she could have lunch at Lantana in Shoreditch – an urban/chic Aussie cafe/restaurant, a favourite of Helen’s – where she had a lovely chocolate banana bread, cold brew coffee and a chai latte – I wonder if they were as good as Southsea Coffee’s?
5. We shared a cream tea and a slice of Bakewell tart from The Pavilion, Stanstead House before setting off on our country walk. Very nice, but we weren’t very impressed by the tiny tiny jug of cream for £1.
Living life, loving cake
Just popping over to say hello from a fellow local (Chichester) blogger! I found you via Gracie-Ann’s facebook page!