What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Clockwise from top left:
1. Ok, I’m taking a guess here. I think this is Helen’s breakfast bowl of yoghurt and fresh mango and pineapple and possibly muesli. Again, I think this is from Mowies on Gili Air, Indonesia, which hopefully we shall have a blog post on next. Sorry for being rather vague, the last few days have been rather hectic. Some news on Helen coming soon…
2. This chocolate brownie was lovely and gooey, just how I like them. This was from the cafe at Queen Elizabeth Country Park Nr Petersfield in Hampshire. Geoff and I organised and cooked at one of the park’s BBQ sites for our cycling club. We enjoyed a brownie each to keep us going with all the preparations before everyone descended upon us.
3. This was delicious chocolate Malteser cake from Gracie-Ann’s Tearoom at Port Solent. A fresh chocolate sponge with chocolate butter filling/frosting and topped with a couple of Maltesers, my favourite chocolates at the moment. I also enjoyed a lovely lunch of prawns in Mary Rose sauce sandwich.
4. Ooh, this was rather tasty. Last night Geoff and I had this lovely white chocolate & ginger cheesecake from Spring Cafe at West Meon. But more about that on Monday morning. Watch out for the blog post.
5. Tried a new place in Petersfield recommended by a friend. Julie’s Tea Rooms in Bakery Lane. Very cute place. This was lemon cake. Nice and very fresh with lemon tasting sponge, a lemon butter icing and lemon curd centre and lemon frosting on top. So all in all, quite lemony really. I’m sure we’ll return one day for a sandwich.
Living life, loving cake.