What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of the sweetest treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s 5 of our favourites….
This week’s sweet treats (clockwise from top left):
- I felt like I’d died and gone to heaven whilst eating this gorgeously rich and dark chocolate nemesis from Daylesford Organic Farm, Gloucestershire, the highlight of our mini break. Our review of their excellent dinner menu will be this Monday (23rd September) so look out for it!
- Cherry & amaretti cake from a great little café on my cycle run, Tazzina in West Meon, Hampshire. Susie bakes all her own cakes. Read our review here.
- Cream tea served by the very friendly ‘cockney geezer’ at the Danish Tearooms (soon to be re-named ‘Mary’s Rest‘), Bourton-on-the-Water. He said they were the best and he wasn’t far wrong! Very fresh, tasted great and good value.
- Apple & blackberry crumble with a jug of cream from the Peacock Inn, Oxhill, Warwickshire, just along the road from our b&b. Our review of the whole meal will be posted next Wednesday.
- Fresh and fluffy Victoria sponge from Meg Rivers at the Lapstone complex, Chipping Campden. See our review of our tasty meal here.
Living life, loving cake