What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. How cute is this? Helen enjoyed this waffle with banana, whipped cream and ice-cream at Sweet Tooth, Hong Kong.
2. I had this excellent pecan pie on Wednesday’s cycle ride. This was from Salt Cafe at Wicor Marine, Portchester near Fareham. So good, I’m hoping to take Helen there today for lunch 😉
3. We had a disappointing experience at Southsea Beach Cafe. This is one of their ‘jam jar‘ puddings. Raspberry fool, Chantilly cream, layered with fresh English raspberries. It also contained pieces of sponge. Lovely views of the Solent and it was a glorious day.
4. An evening out with a group of friends at Azzurro, Gunwharf Quays. This is their affogato (I love this. Las Iguanas do a lovely one too). ‘A generous scoop of vanilla ice cream smothered in espresso coffee and sprinkled with crushed amaretti biscuits’. (Although I did think that £4.95 was a little expensive for what I consider a small dessert).
5. Another great ‘sweet treat’ from Hong Kong. Helen picked up a lovely hand-made PBJ (peanut butter & jelly) cupcake from Twelve Cupcakes at The One, the tallest retail complex in Hong Kong and enjoyed it whilst watching a movie.
Living life, loving cake