What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week, in the UK and Australia. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Helen’s incredible espresso by Proud Mary Coffee and a pistachio orange blossom croissant left her so in love with Aunty Peg’s on Wellington Street, Collingwood, Melbourne, that she just had to find a quiet spot in the park to write about them, so watch out for a review soon.
2. Pancake Day is on Tuesday here in the UK! What will you have in yours? I love the traditional lemon and sugar but am also rather partial to Nutella too. This Nutella crêpe is from from Lucile’s Delicatessen in Marmion Road, Southsea which is full of wonderful French foods, but is also a crêperie.
3. This was my DIY hot chocolate drink I had at Chococo in the High Street, Winchester. I had a choice of dark, milk and white chocolate buttons, I chose dark & milk, melted them in the large mug over a candle, whisked in the hot milk and topped it with mini marshmallows. I also bought a selection of their delicious handmade chocolates.
4. This cheese scone was served warm and was very tasty indeed. On Wednesday’s cycle ride we had lunch at The Country Cabin at Aylings Garden Centre in Trotton, West Sussex. Lots of different cakes to choose from and always friendly service.
5. It was Nutella Day last week and Helen enjoyed this peanut butter & Nutella gelato from Bianco Latte at Abbotsford Convent’s Supper Market which is held every Friday evening in the summer and is host to a variety of foods from around the world.
Living life, loving cake