What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from top left:
1. Coffee, dumplings and doughnuts. Helen’s reward after a hellish 16 hour night bus journey. Read her latest adventures of backpacking around Asia, currently in Vietnam and loving it!
2. A very nice chocolate brownie, soft in the middle and quite a large slice for the price of only £2.50 from Josie’s Wine.Coffee.Deli in Bishop’s Waltham. A place I shall have to re-visit and review soon.
3. A very nice slice of millionaire shortbread from Capers in Southsea. This lovely cafe do an excellent bubble & squeak dish and I also enjoy their scrambled egg on toast served with bacon from Buckwell’s of Southsea.
4. A place I regularly visit whilst cycling which do excellent home-made cakes is Compton Village Shop & Tearoom, Compton, West Sussex. We always receive a friendly welcome and this flapjack is delicious with a layer of toffee and topped with cranberries, pumpkin seeds and chucks of chocolate.
5. Last Sunday was Mother’s Day and my husband and I popped to Gracie-Ann’s tearoom at Port Solent in the hope of getting a table without booking. We were in luck and enjoyed a very nice luxury afternoon tea for two. This consisted of very fresh finger sandwiches, two lovely perfect scones with clotted cream and jam and a variety of petit fours. And then being a mother (although I had no children accompanying me) I received a lovely bunch of flowers and a cupcake from Beceries to take home with me!
Living life, loving cake