What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week, in the UK, Australia and Africa. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Whoops, did this one a week or so ago. Ah well, here it is again as it’s so pretty and it looks like a beautiful place to be, especially if you’re currently residing in England where winter is a-coming. This was Honey pumpkin, pine nut & quinoa salad at Chippys Beach Shack, Jindalee, Perth, WA.
2. This is one of my favourites at the moment, I’ve had it twice in a week. This is fantastic toasted banana bread with honey, so fresh and light and made on the premises at Manna Tearooms in the High Street, Old Portsmouth. This is one of my favourite haunts.
3. Sticky toffee pudding with custard, what more can you want after a long day in the saddle with at least another 20 miles to go until home. It wasn’t great – ok, it’s in my ‘favourite sweet treats’ section – but it hit the spot when I most needed it, so it was kind of delicious. This was at The Bear & the Ragged Staff at Michelmarsh, Romsey.
4. Wow, I have children who certainly love to travel. This is from Peter’s travels who is cycling in Africa and currently in Zambia. I’m sure he won’t mind me stealing this photo. This was early on in his travels, in South Africa, a kind of ‘porridge‘. Looks more like dirty water with a handful of sand to me but he enjoyed it and said it was very fruity and cost him 50p.
5. This looks rather good to me. Helen returned to Melbourne for a few days and had this lovely looking frozen yogurt (I say ‘Yoghurt’) with what looks like popcorn and perhaps some millionaire shortbread or brownie? This was from Frozen by a Thousand Blessings on Chapel Street, South Yarra, Victoria.
Living life, loving cake