What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week in England and Australia. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R:
1. Helen enjoyed this tasty looking dessert (she didn’t say what it was) at Fitzroy River Lodge Lounge Bar, WA where she’s currently working on a cattle station. She’ll be leaving there soon so hopefully we’ll have a few more reviews coming from her. Check out her Instagram page where there are some beautiful photos of her time on the station.
2. These were a disappointment. I really wanted some biscuits so thought I’d make my own. I got the recipe for these ‘Melting Moments’ online but I knew there was something wrong when it suggested I should have a ‘dough’ once all the ingredients were mixed together. I didn’t. They’re a bit soft and they stick to the roof of your mouth which means you need a drink to be able to swallow them. Geoff liked them.
3. I love drinks from Fentimans! My three favourites are, old-fashioned tasting Dandelion & Burdock which takes me back to my childhood and tastes rather like cough mixture, but don’t let that put you off, Curiosity Cola and delicious Rose Lemonade. They also now have mixed alcoholic drinks such as Bloom Gin & Rose Lemonade. I’m not a fan of gin but wouldn’t mind trying this IF and WHEN I find somewhere I can buy it!
4. Ooh these are fantastic if your a chocoholic like me and just need a little something chocolatey. Gü are well known for their yummy desserts and most come in glass pots which can be used for all sorts of things, pet food bowls, to catch drips of water from the radiator, to hold several Maltesers, in fact the list is endless. Alas these little pots are just plastic but the chocolate within is creamy smooth and deliciously thick. And they come in a pack of three 😉
5. The Victoria Inn,West Marden in West Sussex was this week’s blog post. After a country walk we ended up there for lunch and shared this Eton Mess and a chocolate brownie whilst enjoying a pint of ‘Sundowner‘ from Langham Brewery in the rare sunshine.
Living life, loving cake