What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from top left:
1. Marks & Spencer‘s Belgian dark chocolate & stem ginger cookies. Very tasty and unfortunately, rather moorish! Oops.
2. It’s always exciting to see what treats are in store for me when my Graze box is posted through my letter box each Monday. This week one I particularly enjoyed was ‘Track & Field’ which consisted of blanched peanuts, caramel milk chocolate buttons, fudge pieces and raisins. Yum.
3. This cake looks amazing doesn’t it? And it was! Not a great lover of strawberry flavoured things I couldn’t resist when the owner of one of my favourite tearooms Manna in Old Portsmouth brought it out from the kitchen freshly made. The pink frosting didn’t have that sickly artificial strawberry taste, but instead a delicious ‘natural’ taste. It was so good!
4. I’m a new honey lover after having pieces of fresh honeycomb for breakfast each morning whilst staying at the Gartenhotel Theresia in Saalbach-Hinterglemm Austria last June. Check out our post for this hotel because the service and food was amazing. This jar of honey however, is from Hampshire and I was ‘chief posh honey taster’ at another of my favourite tea/coffee shops in Portsmouth, Southsea Coffee Co. It had a wonderful lemony taste and went perfectly with the crumpets and toast I had there.
5. I haven’t been able to get my hands on the Cadbury Creme Egg biscuits which I’ve heard about – even though my son works in a very large supermarket and lives at home, I’ve asked him on numerous occasions to ‘please bring some home’ but to no avail. These are ‘Pots of Joy‘ and that description is quite correct although I’d add the word ‘deep’ before ‘joy’. I found them in a corner shop. They are really nice, a cold dessert with melted chocolate and the same ‘creme’ lying underneath which you get in a Creme Egg. Delicious!
I wonder what delights Helen is having whilst travelling in Thailand. I spied a photo of her about to eat a fried scorpion in her recent post. Not sure she ate it though!
Living life, loving cake.