What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Recently Helen visited the Immigration Museum in Melbourne, Australia where they were holding the North South Feast West Chocolate Festival. There she tried plenty of chocolate, even chocolate beer! This cinnamon chocolate from Pana was a winner and she has promised to pick some up for me for when we visit her in March.
2. After recently having a very nice meal at our annual cycling club’s presentation lunch at The Brookfield Hotel in Emsworth, Geoff and I decided to return for afternoon tea. These little tarts were on the top tier. One contained a rich dark chocolate filling topped with a cherry on top and the other a soft, smooth caramel with a little whipped cream. Very tasty. A review of both visits will be coming shortly.
3. Southsea Coffee Co in Osborne Road in Southsea is one of our favourite places to visit. Geoff likes the fruit toast and I like almost everything. For dessert we shared this delicious RAW tiramisu.
4. Trying really hard to be good at the moment and not have cake at every stop whilst out cycling. So when I do need some sustenance, other than a bashed up banana from the saddle bag, I go for brown toast with honey and no butter. This is from a new-ish find, West Dean Stores & Tearoom in West Sussex, which is a very friendly place, with assorted tea cosies (we’ve had a Valentine one, a strawberry and ladybird so far), croissants, Belgian buns, sandwiches, soups etc., I think we’ve visited it three times this week.
5. Helen had this taster plate of delicious looking cakes from Raw Trader in Melbourne, Australia, which is a café specialising in organic, raw, vegan, vegetarian, paleo, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free healthy desserts and treats. Sounds very much like some of the cakes in Southsea Coffee Co. RAW cakes seem to be the ‘in’ thing at the moment and I’m not complaining one bit. Healthy cakes? Yes please!
Living life, loving cake