What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from top left:
1. Deliciously creamy rhubarb fool, topped with flaked almonds and served with a home-made ginger shortbread. We enjoyed a lovely lunch at The Noah’s Ark Inn, Lurgashall, West Sussex at the half-way point of our annual Easter walk.
2. A beautiful sunny day we stopped off for a coffee and a fresh and moist carrot cake at Garton’s Coffee House in Midhurst, West Sussex on our way to our country walk. It’s also the place we stop at on our cycle rides when we’re in the area. It’s in a lovely position, right near the church and has a cobbled front with tables and chairs.
3. My friend and I stopped off at Petworth, West Sussex for elevenses on our cycle ride and sat in the sun again with our very nice chocolate cupcakes. It was great that the chap in the family run Bay Tree Bakery recognised me even though I only visit once or twice a year. Once seen, never forgotten perhaps?
4. On a wet Sunday morning Hampshire Farmer’s Market was in Southsea precinct (held on the third Sunday of each month). I headed straight to Beceries stall where I finally met Rebecca who makes some of the tasty cakes for Gracie-Ann’s, Port Solent. This was for my husband, apple & pecan ring.
5. A cinnamon bun from Joma Bakery in Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Laos. Helen’s back-packing around Asia and is currently in Laos.
Living life, loving cake