What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. This delicious passion fruit tartlet is from Naughty Boy Cafe in Carlton North, Melbourne, Australia. And an almond milk piccolo coffee to wash it down with. Lucky Helen.
2. Baked chocolate soufflé with a bitter chocolate ice-cream. The soufflé was very nice indeed, light and fluffy and the ice-cream was rich and creamy. This was my dessert at Brasserie Blanc in Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth
3. Helen says “no matter how many times I say ‘if feel sick, I’m only going for one scoop’ it never ever seems to happen”. Three scoops of ice-cream (yes, three!), from Yumbo’s, Carlton North Melbourne. Stacked on top of one another are salted caramel, bounty and chocolate flavours.
4. Unbelievable, who thinks up these things eh? A toilet containing sour powder with a lollipop. Flip open the lid and dip it into the toilet like a toilet brush. Hmmm 😉 This is from my trip to France which I found in a little village shop. I just had to buy it for the novelty of it. It’s actually from a German company by the name of Süssland (Sweetland).
5. I’m addicted to the Christmas Merryteaser Malteser Reindeer at the moment. It’s so good. Inside the lovely thick creamy milk chocolate is a rich malty filling with tiny Malteser crispy balls.
Living life, loving cake