1. Refreshing iced coffee made with condensed milk from Java Cafe, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Helen enjoyed this whilst backpacking around Asia. Keep up to date with her travels on Facebook or sign up to the newsletter via our website.
2. A lovely lemon cake from The Anvil at Bishop’s Waltham. We just call it ‘Fred’s’ as that’s the owners name. He and his staff are always friendly and it’s one of our coffee stops on our cycle rides. They have a nice selection of cakes and desserts along with a lunch time menu and very nice coffee. Next door is one of my favourite Italian restaurants, Piccola Roma.
3. Tasty coconut flapjack from West Dean Gardens, West Sussex. Moist and syrupy with a hint of coconut and drizzled on top with chocolate. We enjoyed a lovely walk in the sunshine around the beautiful gardens and on one of their walks which takes you uphill with wonderful views of the South Downs.
4. Ginger muffin from Costa Coffee within the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham. Light and fluffy with a sticky dollop of ginger sauce in the centre topped with icing and a chunk of crystallized ginger. Yum.
5. This home-made steamed treacle sponge and custard was very tasty at The Fox Goes Free, Charlton, West Sussex which is at the foot of Levin Down. The view from the top overlooking the South Downs was smashing and looks over Goodwood Racecourse. A review of this lovely pub will be coming up in the near future.
Live life, love cake