What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites!
1. A classic filipino snack, banana with condensed milk made by Drew at All Hands base, Tacloban, Philippines where Helen has been helping on Project Leyte after the typhoon disaster last November.
2. Warm chocolate brownie with walnuts and topped with a chocolate icing, served with vanilla ice-cream from Capers, Southsea.
3. Warm treacle tart with a delicious toffee ice-cream inside a brandy snap basket at The Shoe, Exton where we sat in the garden beside the stream. A great area for walks and cycling in the countryside.
4. Warm mini cinnamon doughnuts with fresh strawberries and warm chocolate dipping sauce! Very nice indeed. This was from Bill’s restaurant in Chichester.
5. Jellies of various flavours, pear, raspberry etc., from Bedoin in the South of France. We had some of these as petit fours with our coffee at La Colombe in Sainte Colombe on Route du Mont Ventoux.
Living life, loving cake.