What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of the sweetest treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites!
This week’s sweet treats (clockwise from top left):
1. I finally fulfilled my craving for Egg Custard Tart when Sam got me one from Sainsbury’s when I was ill. Unfortunately it wasn’t as nice as the one’s I remember as a child. I’m yet to find a non-supermarket one so please let me know if you know where to find them!
2. A selection of cupcakes from Waitrose and The Cake Parlour at my friend KK’s birthday party. I almost scoffed the lot – oops!
3. A fruity Earl Gray tea loaf baked by my friend Danni using a recipe from a Jamie Oliver book. Here’s an adapted version from a blogger named Kate.
4. Light lemon cake from our most recent find, Southsea Coffee Company in Portsmouth – review coming soon!
5. One of my favourite treats of all time and no doubt the best cookies ever. This chocolate and peanut butter cookie is from Ben’s Cookies.
We’re giving away three bars of delicious British chocolate (see below!) from the House of Dorchester! There’s milk chocolate, dark chocolate and our fave – salted caramel chocolate, which make a perfect gift or gobble them up yourself (have you noticed they are the perfect shape to dunk in tea?!
All you need to do is follow us on Twitter and tweet us using @livelifelovecak telling us your top Christmas gift for foodies and we’ll pick a winner at random!
Winner announced on Friday 29th November – Good Luck!
Living live, loving cake,