What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Clockwise from top left:
1. Breakfast pastries from Mowie’s on the Beach which Helen enjoys (on the beach too of course) in Gili Air, Indonesia.
2. Dessert at The Laughing Gravy, Southwark, London. Not great photo’s unfortunately. Salted caramel fudge and shortbread filled chocolate cylinder with a cashew nut cluster and peanut emulsion. Find out on Monday what it was all about and what we though of our meal.
3. Surely this had to be a Pastéis de nata (Portugese tart) made by Gelata which we reviewed a while back? If not, then it was a pretty good copy! I recognised it straight away at Carlo’s Kitchen on Union Street, Southwark right next to the hotel we were staying in at the weekend for Ride London. Nice coffee there too.
4. I took my son out for a birthday breakfast. He enjoyed these pancakes with bananas and maple syrup at The Tenth Hole in Eastney, Portsmouth whilst I had a delicious breakfast bowl of granola, berries and yoghurt, which I can’t seem to get of enough these days.
5. This was a very nice fresh and moist lemon & ‘something’ cake (I can’t remember what) from the Look Mum No Hands pop-up cafe at Southbank, London which was a bit of a blustery location. Mind you, it was the edge of Hurrican Bertha blowing through…
Living life, loving cake