What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of the some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites!
This week’s sweet treats (clockwise from top left):
1. My Rocky Road, extremely chocolatey and packed with glacé cherries, mini marshmallows, digestive biscuits and juicy sultanas for a festive quiz and games evening at my cycling club. This recipe is one of Nigella Lawson‘s and is a winner every time. I’m known for my Rocky Road!
2. Home-made mince pies made by the clients at The Aldingbourne Trust, nr Chichester, West Sussex where I had a delicious Christmas lunch with my cycling club in which I led my first ride – I’ve put it off for about 5 years so thought it was about time seeing as I took over the organising of the annual meal.
3. Couldn’t decide what to have at Compton Tearooms – one of my favourite places to visit for soup and cake – so shared coffee & walnut and blueberry & lemon cake with my cycling pal and ‘trainer’, Neil. Hmm, seems to be a cycling theme going on here…
4. Victoria sponge with jam and fresh cream at The Corner Cafe, Southsea, Portsmouth which we tried out and I had a nice soup. Look out for our review in the near future.
5. Cranberry & fennel toast with butter and raspberry jam. Couldn’t taste any fennel but it was fresh and very nice, more like toasted brioche. From The Parlour, Southsea, Portsmouth. Again, another review to look out for soon.
Living life, loving cake