What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Café BÜ is on the beautiful Canning Street in Carlton North, just along where Helen resides in Melbourne Australia. Helen often likes to chill out at the café. This is a mince pie which she enjoyed there on one of her visits around Christmas time.
2. Trying to be good food wise, naughty Kate from Springs Café in West Meon, Hampshire tempted me to a ‘healthy‘ muffin – if there is such a thing 😉 . I needed fuel to cycle home so gave in. Not too easily in fact. I surprised myself. It was delicious and light containing wholemeal flour, goji berries, pumpkin/sunflower/chai seeds and banana and was around 240 calories.
3. A trip to Chichester in the new year with my husband, Geoff and a much needed coffee was sought after. I didn’t have to think twice of where I wanted to go, it had to be Artisan Café in Southgate, where I had a very nice flat white and of course a chocolate brownie which are supplied by The Hungry Guest. Best brownies ever. Fact.
4. Over Christmas we enjoyed a couple of country walks, always ending up at a pub half way around. This is sticky toffee pudding with cream from The Shoe at Exton, Hampshire. We’ve been coming here for years and it’s always excellent food, very consistent.
5. Can’t really think about eating ice-cream over here in cold and grey Blighty at the moment, but Helen’s getting some sunshine and warmth and this looks delicious. This is the Oreogasm and Pannacotta with candied fig jam & Ameretti biscuits from Gelato Messina, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. If I was offered one I think I’d reply ‘Yes, yes, yes…’ 😮
Living life, loving cake