What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Wow, did this cake taste as good as it looked? You bet it did. Helen had this carrot & coconut cake sprinkled with edible flowers, making it look very pretty indeed, from Mrs S in Mayland, Perth, WA.
2. Another sweet treat Helen enjoyed in Perth, Australia, Madagascan chocolate tart from Koko Black. A chocolate ganache tart served with salted caramel sauce. Sounds divine. I spy some coffee art too.
3. Goodness me did I need this piece of cake – along with an espresso too. Almost at the end of a long and hilly cycle ride with the cycling club. This coffee & walnut cake is home-made along with all their other tasty cakes, such as Victoria sponge, chocolate sponge and lots more at Compton Village Shop & Tearoom, West Sussex.
4. Yet another visit to Southsea Coffee Co in Osborne Road, Southsea. I had two sweet treats here shhh, banana bread with mascarpone, bananas, blueberries and drizzled with honey, plus this lovely chilli & raspberry chocolate brownie. As squidgy as ever, containing whole raspberries and with a very subtle chilli kick to the back of the throat afterwards 😉
5. A new find in West Sussex, Cafe Verdi in the High Street, Midhurst. This too was on a cycle ride, but in the pouring rain. I enjoyed scrambled egg on toast and took this very nice slice of Bakewell tart home to share with my husband. How nice am I? Plenty of home-made cakes on offer to choose from and they all looked like very large slices.
Loving life, loving cake