What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Some serious food porn here. Helen enjoyed this beautiful dish, blueberry & ricotta hotcake (like an American pancake) with organic maple, seeds and double cream from Melbourne‘s Top Paddock. Looks insane.
2. I cannot, alas, buy any more of this lovely, delicious Malteser spread. I think I may even like it more than Nutella and that’s saying something. It comes in a glass jar so it can be kept and used again and again, for example, cold drinks. The thick and creamy chocolate spread has little crispy malty balls inside and I just had to dip my finger in every time I walked past the cupboard – which was about a trillion times as I paced up and down all day 😉
3. You will all recognise this I’m sure. Something I buy very rarely due to the fact that I could easily get addicted to them, Krispy Kreme doughnuts! This is just their regular glazed one which I prefer. A nice light, soft and fluffy doughnut with a sugar glaze. Yum.
4. This delightful raspberry & cream cheese sponge cake is from Gracie-Ann’s Tearoom in Port Solent where I had my lunch stop on the way home from a short but hilly cycle ride. I had been battling against the cold North wind all morning so it was good to have it finally behind me on the way back.
5. Last but by no means least, my Belgian chocolate mascarpone cheesecake from Rosie’s Vineyard in Southsea, where we enjoyed an excellent Sunday lunch listening to the fantastic FB Pocket Orchestra. Why not buy one of their CD’s for someone this Christmas, it’s great!
Living life, loving cake