Please, please, please, if you haven’t already, can you vote for us here for the UK Blog Awards, Thank you!
What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of the some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week and the last for this year. Here’s five of our favourites!
- Helen finally I got her hands on a Timtam muffin from Brickwood Coffee, Clapham and I had one too! Very yummy. Soon Helen will be able to have as many Timtams as she likes as she’s moving to Australia for a while. She will be missed very much indeed.
- ‘Angelic Brazil Nut Tart from Las Iguanas, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth. “Warm brazil nut & treacle tart with a sweet heart of mincemeat with a spiced custard poured all over it”. We had a very enjoyable meal on Christmas Eve with family & friends.
- Shortbread with a hint of orange made by Helen’s fair hands. She bagged up a few and gave them as Christmas presents. They were actually quite good.
- Nutella! Boy do I love Nutella! These were given to me by two of my Italian friends to hang on the Christmas tree. Alas, they cannot be found in England!
- Gorgeous Christmas pudding from Marks & Spencers with plenty of nuts and packed with rich fruit. Their brandy butter goes a treat with this…as does their West Country double cream…and their Madagascan Vanilla custard! All three together is rather greedy but incredible.
Living life, loving cake!