What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week in England and Australia. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R:
1. What a bloody mess in the kitchen!! Helen’s back on the cattle station after the rodeo last weekend and back to making smoko’s again. Savoury muffins and tasty looking gooey brownies.
2. My friend forced me to have half of her lemon drizzle cake when we popped into our local Marks and Spencer’s store for a coffee and a catch up after a session at the gym.
3. We recently stayed the night at The Oxfordshire Hotel in Thame and dined at The Sakura Restaurant within the hotel. This is Strawberry Bavarois served with macerated strawberries, meringues, pistachios, thick cream & coulis. We shared this along with Crème brûlée served with custard tart & strawberry compote. Neither were as nice as they looked or sounded :'(
4. I don’t normally have Krispy Kreme doughnuts as none of the shops I shop in have them (thankfully, otherwise I’d be buying them all the time!) but on the way to Thame we stopped at a service station which had a cabinet right in front of us when we walked in. How could we not buy any? On offer at ‘3 for something’ we obviously took the bait. This was their Reese’s peanut butter doughnut and I must say that I rather enjoyed it.
5. Fork Handles Kitchen in Petersfield was this Wednesday’s blog post where I’ve been three times in the past month. This was their lemon meringue cake. A sponge with a blob of lemon curd in the centre and nicely topped off with meringue.
Living life, loving cake