What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week in England and Australia. Here’s five of our favourites!
1. Helen made these delicious, gooey blondie on the cattle station, Fitzroy Crossing, Western Australia this week. Find out what life’s like on one and also take a look at our Instagram page where there are some fantastic pictures of sunrise/sunset, some of lovely little calves and others of her bakes.
2. On a cycle ride this week I headed over to Springs Café in West Meon where I had a lovely scone with home-made strawberry jam (which you can buy along with raspberry and another I forget what flavour) & clotted cream and an amazing 3-shot flat white, the best for miles around which is one reason why I returned the following day.
3. Loomies Moto Cafe, on the Alton Road, West Meon is more of a biker-friendly kind of place rather than bicycles but we stopped off here on our way over to Medstead and enjoyed a nice chocolate cake. Tons of motorbikes outside and a rather novel way of hanging baskets, by using an old crash helmet instead.
4. On the way home from the Medstead ride we stopped off at Cloisters in Petersfield for more sustenance to get us over the hill and home. This is their Victoria Sponge cake, nice and fresh and tasty too.
5. ‘All aboard the Skylark’. If you are of a certain age you will most likely recognise this catchphrase, it belonged to a children’s television programme many moons ago and everytime I hear ‘Skylark’ I can’t help but think of this. Anyway, it has nothing to do with television or children but Skylark Golf & Country Club in Whiteley where Geoff and I enjoyed a super Afternoon Tea with fresh sandwiches, scones with clotted cream & jam and yummy little cakes. Check out our review here.
Living life, loving cake