What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week in England and Australia.
1. This delicious cherry & almond muffin, which is vegan/vegetarian and gluten-free, is from Café Meon at Chesapeake Mill in Wickham, just around the corner from the square. Definitely worth a visit even if you are none of these. Read our review here.
2. I revisited Grace-Ann’s Tearoom in Port Solent yesterday where I had a lovely lunch of prawn & Marie-Rose sauce sandwiches and of course, a cake afterwards, a very nice blueberry & cream cheese sponge. This was all washed down with a tasty flat white made with Peros coffee.
3. These little balls of goodness are what I take with me on my cycle rides nowadays. Cuts the costs plus it’s always good to have a little snack in the back pocket – although they do get rather squashed. One of my new favourite websites and Instagram is The Healthy Maven. These are Raw Key lime pistachio bites and Blueberry muffin energy balls, I always add a teaspoon or two of chia seeds but you could also add protein powder. And what beautiful colours! I was inspired by Southsea Coffee Co after having a similar ball in their café and went home to look for a recipe. They are so quick and easy to make and keep for ages in the fridge and are also freezable.
4. Here’s a little teaser for next week’s blog post. We’ve visited Cowdray Park Farm Shop’s Cafe in Midhurst, West Sussex twice in the last month or so and both times been very happy with our meals. We took away with us this rather tasty gooey slice of Millionaires shortbread to share. I so wish we’d bought one each!
5. These are some lovely blueberry friands which Helen made on the cattle station this week. They look super. I remember my first ever friand was from The Sunshine Coast airport in Queensland Australia 6 years ago whilst waiting for my taxi ride to visit Helen in Nambour Hospital.
Living life, loving cake