What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week, in the UK and Australia. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Geoff had this rather tasty summer berry fruit crumble with custard at The Robin Hood Inn in Rowlands Castle, Hampshire.
2. We visited Bread Addiction, an artisan bakery in Elm Grove, Southsea which we shall review next week. Here’s a little taster, praline tart.
3. I haven’t had an Aero for years. I was drawn to these limited edition bars with the wrapper designed by fashion designer Matthew Williamson. A gimic but it got me buying one. Sucker.
4. Sister was coming round to visit and sent me a text asking me what cake to bring home from Marks and Spencer’s, I had a choice of three. I chose the Victoria sponge muffin and very nice it was too. Lovely and fresh, a blob of jam in the centre and topped off with butter cream. I could quite easily have eaten two.
5. After 37 hours on a road train from Broome to Perth with trucker Garry, Helen arrived at her friend Mel’s where she could finally relax after over 6 months of very long hard days on a cattle station. No more getting up at stupid o’clock. One of her first meals back in civilisation was this Honey pumpkin, pine nut & quinoa salad at Chippys Beach Shack, Jindalee, Perth, WA.
Living life, loving cake