What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week, at home and abroad. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. The weather was pleasant whilst Helen was in Melbourne recently and she enjoyed eating donuts (I say doughnuts) in Carlton Gardens from Shortstop in Sutherland Street.
2. This vanilla panna cotta with pomegranate jelly was from the Crate & Apple pub in Westgate, Chichester. My blog post on them should have gone out yesterday morning and I stayed up until 1am to finish it. I awake the following morning to find that Helen has pushed it back and replaced it with her own. What a meanie genie! I hope to try again next week, look out for it or sign up to have our blog posts sent to you by email so you don’t miss one.
3. This odd looking thing is similar to an orange and is called a Monkey Orange by some. My son Peter is currently cycling in Africa and says they’re called all manner of things depending on language/dialect. He’s currently in Malawi.
4. I noticed these Graze boxes in WHSmith’s. A good idea because whenever I receive my box I normally scoff the lot in one go and have nothing left for the rest of the week.
5. Helen returned to Gili Air, Indonesia this week, back to Mowie’s on the Beach. She stayed in their lovely bungalows, a luxury one and a superior one and enjoyed eating at their restaurant, chatting to old and new friends. This looks good, coconut tart with berries, limes and cacao infused walnut-cashew crust.
Living life, loving cake