What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. Salted caramel slice from Beaufort Street Merchants, Perth WA. Although disappointing being a little greasy and lacking taste – not sure I should add this to the list of sweet things we’ve actually enjoyed this week really, but I had to have five 😉
2. Delicious pecan pie with white chocolate ice-cream from The Loft in Sparks Yard, Arundel, West Sussex where we also enjoyed a lovely beefburger over-looking the rooftops of Arundel.
3. A millionaire’s shortbread slice made by Liz at West Dean Gardens, West Sussex. Always a favourite cycling stop for elevenses.
4. A rather tasty and very fresh orange polenta cake with crushed caramelised pistachios sprinkled on top of the mascarpone topping, making them taste a little of butterscotch. This was from Laura’s Kitchen – which was once the park keeper’s cottage – in Havant Park, Hampshire. A delightful little country-type tearoom with cakes made on the premises. I think I may have to pop back for breakfast or lunch quite soon.
5. This sounds lovely – pumpkin & cinnamon bread with maple butter. Helen enjoyed this at Sayers Sister in Northbridge, Perth, Australia. Her blog post on Sayers Sister will be next Wednesday.
I wonder what ‘treats’ Helen will have next week as she’s off to Hong Kong for a week. Alright for some isn’t it!
Living life, loving cake