What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week in England and Australia. Here’s five of our favourites.
- We were so impressed with Home Coffee in Albert Road, Southsea when we visited for the first time on Monday that I quickly went home and wrote up the review for the very next day. Click here to read it. This was their lovely ‘Home’ cake, espresso, blueberry & pecan.
- Another review from Southsea, this time from The Marmion Pub in Marmion Road, which also impressed us and will feature in next week’s blog post, so do look out for it. This was my cheese board with a glass of port. There’s several eateries down Marmion Road, here’s two which we’ve reviewed in the past, Capers and Lou Lou’s.
- An annual BBQ at a friend’s house was held in the pouring rain on the Bank Holiday weekend (no surprise there) but we still had a good time eating sausages, burgers and SO hot chilli chicken. Everyone who’d eaten some were sitting quietly with their mouths open and their tongues sightly protruding. I took along this Eton Mess, which I must say was rather tasty.
- Saturday was a sad day. This chocolate cake was my last from Springs Café in West Meon which has now closed, boo hoo, I loved going there. Fingers crossed somebody will take over the lease because that was smack bang in the middle of one of my favourite cycle routes. Still, there’s always the Thomas Lord pub across the road if I’m needing a coffee or something sweet and up the road is Ye Olde George Inn in East Meon.
- It doesn’t have to be Anzac Day to enjoy these Anzac cookies. Helen made them for the cattle station she’s currently on in Western Australia and they went down a treat. I’ve yet to make them myself. Click here for more of Helen’s recipe’s.
Living life, loving cake
(If someone knows how to create a space between each numbered paragraph then please let me know! It looks all squashed up and driving me crazy).