What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week, at home and abroad. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
Bit of a chocolate theme going on this week, 4/5
1. After Helens trip from Broome to Perth, trucker Garry and his wife met up with Helen the following night for a meal at Japanese teppanyaki restaurant, Midori. This is green tea ice cream plus as an extra dessert of crème brûlée.
2. Last weekend Geoff and I went into Chichester to shop. Feeling a little peckish we visited Carluccio’s for a Crostata al limone, which is a lemon tart with a sweet pastry and rich zesty filling. To drink I had a cioccolata Fiorentina, a thick hot chocolate served in an espresso cup. I just had to buy a tub of it to take home didn’t I?
3. This is apple cinnamon peanut butter chocolate cake with a chai tea and palm sugar from Dayu’s Warung in Ubud, Bali. Helen’s enjoyed many vegan feeds here whilst visiting the islands.
4. There’s a new café in West Meon, whoopee! Cuppacheeno has taken over from Springs Café (which was once Tazzina) behind the village shop in the High Street. They opened only last Saturday and I popped in this week whilst cycling in the area. There were plenty of cakes to choose from and I could easily have tried them all as they looked so good. In the end I went for the chocolate brownie which was very nice indeed. No doubt we’ll review the café soon so watch out for it.
5. Yesterday’s blog post was on Barnaby’s Coffee Shop in Swanmore, near Bishops Waltham which is run completely by volunteers. I paid them a visit recently and had a delicious chocolate cake and a cappuccino which were sold at very reasonable prices. Opening times vary so do check before you go.
Living life, loving cake