Cake base –
- 150g melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract/essence
- 125ml flour
- 4/5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 350ml sugar 125ml hazelnut mill
- 350g good quality milk/dark chocolate
- 75ml double cream
If you don’t have hazelnut mill/ground hazelnut you will need to make your own by toasting the hazelnuts in an oven, continuously checking them so they don’t burn. Remove their shell by rubbing them in a clean tea towel. Finally, blend in a food processor or grinder.
- Grease cake tin and coat with breadcrumbs
- Melt butter and leave to cool
- Stir eggs, vanilla and sugar
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder and ground hazelnuts
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, careful not to over stir
- Add melted butter last
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 20 minutes at 175c
- Cake should still be relatively gooey in the middle when removed from the oven. Leave to cool.
- For the topping, melt chocolate.
- Pour in cream and mix until combined
- Pour over cool cake base and leave to set in fridge