What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites.
1. The most scrumptious vanilla custard doughnut ever with more filling than doughnut. According to Helen that is. But unfortunately I’ll never know. Before travelling home she went right across London to treat Geoff and I to one each, but when she got there, they’d sold out! This was from Bread Ahead Bakery and Baking School in Borough Market
2. Lucile’s Delicatessan in Marmion Road, Southsea is a French deli’ plus a creperie. Geoff and I enjoyed a coffee and cake each upstairs, above the cute little shop which sells lots of lovely French goodies. This chocolate tart got me in the mood for my up-coming French cycling trip.
3. This Malteser’s ‘Teaser‘ chocolate bar is the same as their MaltEaster bunny. It was quite a large bar, but very nice to eat whilst watching a whole week’s worth of Neighbours whilst home alone 😉
4. These Salted caramel truffle torts are made by Maison Blanc and is among a selection of cakes which are available from Waitrose. The base is almost like a cookie/brownie, a rich dark chocolate and pecan sponge, the truffle centre is soft and mousse-like whilst the top was my favourite, a lovely salted caramel flavour.
5. I could not eat all of this. A moment of sheer madness on my part. I ordered a Monkey Mayhem sundae containing chocolate ice-cream, fresh banana, caramel sauce, Marshmallow Fluff, Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips and whipped cream after eating a burger at The Loft at Sparks Yard, Arundel. We travelled all the way there just for lunch.
Living life, loving cake,