What better way to start your Friday than with our weekly round-up of some of the many sweet treats we’ve eaten this week. Here’s five of our favourites! Clockwise from L-R
1. This looks delicious! Helen enjoyed this lovely walnut & pear muffin from the shop at the Royal Perth Hospital, Australia during her stay there. I’m sure it made her feel much better.
2. I made this blackberry & apple crumble at the weekend. In fact, we picked so many blackberries I ended up making several crumbles which all had to go into the freezer. I think I have enough to last me a year.
3. Orange, almond and polenta cake. I love polenta cake. This was from Sparks Yard’s new cafe, The Loft in Arundel, West Sussex. Look out for our review on Monday.
4. Nutella Go! Who doesn’t like Nutella? Some nit-wits. Well, my son for one. A pot of breadsticks with a good sized portion of Nutella to dunk them into. Perfect for a snack, lunch box, a treat…oh, who needs an excuse?
5. Last week we really enjoyed Springs Cafe’s Indian pop-up restaurant. This week was Mexican night! I was stuffed full of nachos, soup and enchiladas and didn’t really have room for this lime cheesecake, but ate it anyway as it was so good. Springs is in the lovely little Hampshire village of West Meon.
Living life, loving cake