1. Helen’s leaving the cattle station in Western Australia today after several months of very hard work. She’s off to Broome for the weekend for another rodeo. Next Monday there should be a blog post from her on some more recipes. I’ve yet to try her infamous banana cake recipe although I’m hoping to make it tomorrow, the bananas have to be really ripe and mine aren’t just yet.
2. The Compton Village Shop & Tearoom in the Southdowns is a place I frequent whilst out cycling and is just down the road from West Marden where The Victoria Inn pub is which we visited a couple of weeks ago. They are very friendly and welcoming and popular with walkers, cyclists and the locals. They have lovely home-made cakes and this is lime & zucchini which is becoming popular these days I’ve found.
3. Salt Café is down on the water front at Wicor Marine, Portchester and it’s lovely to sit outside and look across the water, in fact I’m hoping to go there this morning with a friend for cake and coffee. Geoff and I had brunch there at the weekend and shared both a muffin and the delicious chocolate brownies I always rave about from The Hungry Guest.
4. I made this the other day as I fancied something sweet and found it on my Facebook news page via Nectar. Jennifer Louise from fashion blog Art Style Love shows how to make this Easy peanut butter mug cake. I couldn’t eat it all, it was rather filling and made my mouth stick together but it wasn’t bad seeing as it was so quick and simple to make.
5. It was our wedding anniversary at the weekend so I treated myself to some Charbonnel et Walker Pink Marc de Champagne truffles from Waitrose. A different box than normal but they still tasted awesome. Thanks Geoff 😉
Living life, loving cake